The Trane family of refrigerant monitors offers two important benefits: refrigerant conservation and safety. With the decreasing availability of refrigerants, coupled with rising cost, it is important to have a refrigerant monitor in the equipment room to provide early warning of refrigerant loss. As a leak-sensing device, Trane refrigerant monitor constantly measures the amount of specific refrigerants in the surrounding air. This device is capable of initiating alarms, activating building ventilating systems, and interfacing with Building Automation Systems. ASHRAE Standard 15:2001 requires refrigerant monitors to be present in all new chiller installations and all chiller retrofits. Refrigerant monitors are also strongly recommended for all existing chiller rooms or refrigerant storage facilities.
Trane offers two types of refrigerant monitors: RMWE, the most sensitive monitor on the market and RMWG, the most flexible and dependable monitor on the market.
RMWE Refrigerant Monitor
This RMWE, self-contained monitor with a pump, provides reliable 1 ppm refrigerant sensing for equipment room protection and for early warning of refrigerant leaks. This type of monitor is capable of sensing multiple refrigerant gases using multiple sensing points. The photo-acoustic infrared sensing technology provides stable operation and minimizes cross-sensitivity to other chemicals reducing false alarms.
- 1 ppm sensitivity allows for early detection of refrigerant gas
- UL2075 certified provides third party certification for performance
- Multiple sensing channels (1, 4, or 8 sensing channels) can sense from multiple locations in the chiller room
- Multiple gas sensing capability can sense up to six different refrigerants
- 4-20 mA and/or 0-10 vdc standard output sends input to any building automation system
- Four relays (three levels of alarm and fault indication) activates visual and audible alarms and building ventilating system in response to alarm signal
- 85 dB buzzer standard buzzer (optional unit mounted beacon and warning lights are available)
- Remote mounted relay module identifies alarm levels with specific sensing channels
- Auxiliary sensor (CO, O2) – allows detection of Carbon Monoxide and depravation of Oxygen
RMWG Refrigerant Monitor (split system)
This RMWG refrigerant monitor can be configured as an either self-contained unit or a split system (control module and a remote mounted sensor). Both configuration types can have additional sensing points added later on. This allows a system to grow whenever new ports or new refrigerants are required.
- 20 ppm sensitivity meets ASHRAE std. 15 and most local building codes
- UL certification for fire and shock provides third party certification
- Diffusion sensors (single channel sensors only) provide high level of trouble free operation due to lack of moving parts
- Pumped sensors (four channel sensors only) provide quick response to increased levels of refrigerants
- Max up to 8 sensing channels gives user a choice to expand sensing points in the future
- Up to 5 different refrigerant types (R11, R12, R22, R-123, R-134a) sensed at the same time provides flexibility needed to meet the needs of the most demanding applications
- 4-20 mA and 0-10 vdc standard output sends input to any building automation system
- 4 relays (3 levels of alarm and fault indication) activates alarms and building ventilating system in response to alarm signal
- 85 dB buzzer (optional 110 dB buzzer) standard buzzer (optional unit mounted beacon, and warning lights are available)